Salmon today – didn’t know what to do with it, certainly wasn’t salad weather, I wanted something warm, creamy and with pasta and so this dish was born!
It’s very, very tasty, il make it again and again, super quick and free if you use the light cheese as part of your healthy A. I used laughing cow light triangles, the first one didn’t melt so well with the veg and salmon and I didn’t want the salmon to break up too much so I added the remaining 2 triangles to the hot pasta and stirred well and that worked better. With hindsight, Philadelphia light or quark would have worked well too!
Peppery Pasta with Salmon
150g whole meal spaghetti (or pasta of choice)
2 salmon fillets, cooked in a covered dish for 5 mins in microwave, or poached
1 large red bell pepper, finely sliced
1 clove garlic, chopped
3 vine tomatoes, chopped
Small bunch fresh basil
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
Salt and pepper
3 laughing cow light triangles (or 4 to make it more creamy, or use other low fat soft cheese)
– cook pasta according to instructions
– meanwhile, fry the peppers in fry light over medium heat until lightly coloured and just soft, add garlic and fry for 1 min
– add the tomatoes, most of the basil, chilli and salt and pepper and stir, lower heat and break salmon into bite size chunks and add.
– drain pasta, reserve a little of the cooking water, add the cheese and stir very well until melted then tip in contents of other pan and mix gently
– serve with fresh basil snipped over the top