I’ve been having a “meat free” few days. No reason in particular it just kind of happened, I suppose my new found love of mixed veg and noodles helped too!
Yesterday I donated blood and after I had a little snooze when I got in ( I fainted, as usual, in the clinic) I wanted a big bowl of comfort food and this is what I came up with.
Not quite the usual Singapore noodles (i googled recipes and didn’t use prawns or chicken) but delicious all the same and Definetely ticked the comfort box!
I used a utensil called a spiralizer for the carrot and cooked it with the noodles but just finely slice it!
For those of us following Slimming World, the oyster sauce is 1 Syn per tablespoon and the cashews (optional) are 1 Syn per 2 nuts or 12 cashew nuts are healthy B allowance
(Use whatever combination of vegetables you have to hand! This is what I had yesterday!)
1 sheet dried noodles (not instant)
1/2 onion sliced thinly
1/4 head brocolli chopped
1 small carrot finely sliced
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 clove garlic minced
A few cashew nuts or peanuts chopped (optional)
– boil the noodles in a little salted water until just cooked
– stir fry all the veg in a hot wok until just cooked
– add in the soy and oyster sauce and stir fry for another minute
– lightly toast the chopped nuts in a seperate pan
– toss the noodles with the veg, pour into a bowl and top with the chopped nuts