Happy new year readers!!!
Time to get back to cooking properly and not using the entire month of December as an excuse to eat everything that isn’t nailed down!!!
I weighed in at SW on Tuesday and was astonished to find I was down 1.5lb. A stone since September!! Half way there!!
Last night was New Years Eve. An day I find emotionally tough, losses seem harder as another year passes. Coupled with a headcold, I decided to ignore all invites to socialise and to hibernate, with some nice food 🙂
I still haven’t got my head around the new plan with Slimming World, but this meal is 2 syns each as I used 125mls wine between us, you could use less, or none at all.
This would also be even better with proper cream, use about 2/3 tablespoons per person and add before the salmon and spinach, reduce slightly.
<strong></strong><em></em>Smoked Salmon pasta with garlic cream sauce
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 yellow or red pepper, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
Pinch dried oregano
125ml White wine (4.5 syns)
6 tablespoons fat free fromage frais or quark
(Or fresh cream, add 1.5 syns per tablespoon)
200g smoked salmon (this is quite a generous amount)
130g dried pasta of choice (I used buckwheat as trying to cut back on wheat/gluten)
2 large handfuls baby spinach leaves
– put the pasta on to boil in salted water
– sauté the onion, garlic and pepper until softened.
– increase the heat and add the White wine, boil for 1/2 mins then add the water and boil rapidly for 2 mins to reduce, add the pepper and oregano
– reduce the heat, add the spinach and stir until slightly wilted, then stir in the salmon.
– turn off the heat and stir in the fat free fromage frais
– drain the pasta and mix well with the cream sauce
– add 1 tablespoon fresh grated Parmesan for 1 Syn extra per person