I used fillet steak here but any lean cut like sirloin or striploin will work. Packs a punch with heat, filling and tasty! And Syn free!
250g (or 2 fillets) steak, visible fat removed, cut in half
2 tablespoons soy
1 tsp dried chilli flakes (or to taste)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 sheets of dried noodles
1/2 onion, sliced
1/2 pepper, sliced
– mix the soy, garlic, chilli and lime in a flat container like a lunch box, place the steak in, turn after 10 minutes then marinade for 1 hour, or more if you can, turning half way.
– cook the noodles
– in a hot pan, sprayed with low calorie oil, fry the steak, turning it only half way through, for 5 minutes each side for medium, remove to a plate to rest
– deglaze the pan with any remaining marinade then add the veg and quickly stir fry
– add the noodles and mix well
– thinly slice the steak, put noodles and veg into 2 serving bowls, topped with the sliced steak and some chopped fresh coriander