This curry sauce is am.az.ZING! I have been eating the mushy pea curry for so long that it never occurred to me to try this one out. But one evening recently I wanted proper curry sauce, like from the chipper, and I didn’t want peas or beans or vegetables in it. I wanted a big plate of chips and curry sauce.
I did toy with the idea of walking around to the chipper and just getting a bag of chips and a tub of curry sauce but I stayed strong. And it was worth it.
I now make double and freeze in small containers to have with my chips for syn-free indulgence, and I also use it as a curry sauce for dinner with onions, peppers, courgette and chicken added. Delish.
The fresh herbs at the end really make it so don’t leave them out! I buy a pack of each and use the lot in a big double batch of sauce.
This is one of the few recipes that i’ve posted that I have not changed from the Original Recipe Here with the exception of adding some more water to make it a little thinner! I hope you like it as much as I do!
Chip Shop Curry Sauce
– 1 onion, peeled and chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
– 1 tsp squeezy ginger (or use 1cm piece of fresh and grate it)
– 1.5 tablespoon curry powder (use medium-hot)
– 1 tin chopped tomatoes
– 60 ml vegetable stock (or chicken)
– 2 tbsp sweetener
– 50g fat free fromage frais
– 1 tablespoon each fresh chopped coriander and mint