Tonight I attempted sweet chilli sauce, lo-syn style! We had been out for dinner and had gorgeous salmon skewers marinated in sweet chilli sauce, I wanted to try to recreate them, so I googled and came up with this!
It makes 14/15 tablespoons and its 3.5 syns for the tablespoon of cornflour, so less than 1/2 syn per tablespoon.
I left the seeds in and it was very hot, so adjust to suit!
Sweet Chilli Sauce
1 and 1/4 cup water
1/2 cup vinegar
3/4 cup sweetener
3 tsp finely chopped (or grated) garlic
3 red chills, finely sliced or chopped (seed removal optional!)
2 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon cornflour
– sterilise a jar to store leftovers in the fridge
– place all ingredients except 2 tblsp water and cornflour in a pan and being to the boil, simmer for 5 minutes
– mix the cornflour with 2 tablespoons water and add to the pot
– stir well, it will thicken, then remove from heat and pour into a jar
– Tonight,I used a tsp to coat a salmon fillet which I then grilled, and served with sweet potato fries and asparagus cooked in actifry.