Hello All! A bit of a catch up from me!
I did go to class last week, and Stayed the Same! I was annoyed, especially considering I hadn’t eaten chocolate for a WHOLE week – my lenten sacrifice….but then I thought about it, and realised I had been eating rather a lot of cake, in place of the chocolate, so is it any wonder!!
After reading Tonette’s Post recently about Tuna, I went through a phase of having this salad for lunch a few days in a row – cooked beetroot, tuna, feta, rocket, petit pois and balsamic vinegar (reduced in a pan to make it syrupy!) delish and filling, and warm too, as I tossed in the peas right after steaming.
I shop in SuperValu, for most of my Groceries, and last week while I was there (starving, having been to class and not eaten for most of the day!!) I passed a stand where a gentleman was cooking samples from this new range – Kinsale Gourmet.
I sampled the Seafood Lasagne, pictured left, it was delish and I picked up 2 on the spot for dinner that evening! The bonus is they came with the lovely earthenware dishes!! The Lasagne itself was very tasty, I let it defrost for a few mins and tipped the pie from the plastic pot into the ceramic dish and baked them in the ceramic in the oven. These are really handy, freezer to oven or microwave and all natural ingredients!! Himself was so impressed with it that I went back and got 2 more, and got 2 of the cottage pies to try soon, so now I have 4 lovely dishes! I hope this company do well, it’s nice to support a small Irish Business!
There may have been 2 nights out with too much alcohol in between this post and the last, but no chocolate, 2 whole weeks now, I am very impressed with myself and the cravings have almost gone too. I was a bit hormental yesterday and really wanted some but I cut up a melon and had some of that, which didn’t work, so then I had a corn on the cob with a touch of butter and some black pepper and that filled the gap!!
Lastly, food related for today. I must talk about my new toy – the Steamer! My friend recently gave me hers to try out and I must say I am quite liking it. I have made the following meal twice now and even Junior 2 likes it mushed up…Junior 1 likes the Brocolli with his fishfingers 🙂
Steamed Salmon, Sweet Potato and Brocolli
2 medium sized sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1small head of brocolli, cut into florets
2 salmon fillets
garlic powder, chilli flakes, soy sauce, salt and pepper
– Place the sweet potato chunks on the bottom tier
– Place the brocolli Chunks in the middle tier
– on a small plate that fits in the top tier (or I use baking paper with the sides twisted up to form a saucer shape, place the 2 fish fillets side by side, sprinkle with some garlic powder, chilli flakes and a splash of soy sauce, salt and pepper and put the lid on.
– set timer to 25 mins, make a cup of tea, find a magazine, tell your hubby to watch the kids you are very busy and important making a complicated dinner, sit down for 20 mins and relax
– Timer will ping, dish up! I like to mash my sweet potato on the place and himself adds jalepeno relish – the flavours really compliment the spicy steamed salmon. It’s so easy I will make it again and again.