I’m sure that an Italian may gasp in horror at my risotto, not a drop of butter or oil in sight!! Still, it’s one of my most favourite meals, comfort food and so versatile!
I used asparagus, white wine and topped mine with some crispy bacon.
250g risotto rice
Pack of asparagus tips, cut in bite size pieces
1 pint hot chicken stock
125ml white wine
1 clove garlic, crushed
Freshly ground black pepper
Freshly grated Parmesan
1 small onion, finely chopped
– sauté the onion and garlic with spray oil until softened
– add in the rice and stir for 1 min
– add the white wine and stir until absorbed
– add the stock, a ladle at a time, stirring in between until absorbed, then add another ladle, etc
– after about 10 mins add the asparagus
– when the rice is softened to taste, remove from heat and stir in some grated Parmesan (as much or as little as you like, and some fresh ground black pepper)
– I served mine topped with some crunchy grilled bacon, which I broke up and stirred through the rice
I was feeling generous so hubbie had his topped with a salmon fillet that I brushed with pesto, wrapped in Parma ham and baked for 15 mins!